Are you thinking about breastfeeding but aren't sure where to start or how it will work? Have you always planned to breastfeed but want to feel prepared before baby comes? Need some help feeling confident about your body's ability to nourish your baby when he or she arrives? Then this is the class for you.
Join Erin Molnar, CLE for a Breastfeeding Basics class, where we'll cover:
• Benefits of breastfeeding for mom and baby
• How milk is made and the anatomy and physiology of breastfeeding
• Nutrition and composition of breastmilk
• Baby's arrival: birth and postnatal practices that affect breastfeeding and how to plan for them
• Latch and positioning
• The early days: nipple care (will it hurt?), newborn poop, and more
• Hand expression and pumping
• Hunger cues and frequency of feeding
• Troubleshooting common challenges
• Support and planning
• Finding local resources
This class is recommended for expectant families 2-3 months prior to your due date. Fee is for two people (mom-to-be and a support person). Families with newborns are also welcome! Pre-crawlers or babies in arms may attend with you.
Saturday, April 7
11:15am - 1:15pm